Mixed Cropping Farmhand
We are seeking a self-motivated and energetic person with experience in mixed cropping for a permanent farmhand position.
The person will be responsible for broad acre machinery operation as well as livestock work and general farm labouring. The role will be approximately 75% cropping work and 25% livestock/farm work. Machinery operation will include spreading, seeding, spraying and harvesting (header and chaser bin).
The farm has transitioned to Controlled Traffic Farming (CTF) and we run modern, well-maintained machinery such as a Rogator SP boom spray and a brand new New Holland CR 990 header on tracks.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and abilities:
- Experience operating modern broad acre machinery with GPS, with spraying experience preferred
- Good general mechanical skills
- Livestock handling experience
- Excellent communication and record keeping skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Be able to work in a productive and safe manner
Remuneration package includes:
- Hourly pay rate, negotiated based on experience
- Single accommodation provided on farm or the option to source own accommodation in Moora (10kms from farm)
- On-farm work ute
Moora is a great farming community with two primary schools, a high school, a medical centre, hospital and several banks. The community has numerous sporting clubs, weekly Park Runs, and the annual Gravel Grinder and Triathlon events.
Permanent Residents Only.
Harvest includes a variety of roles such as operating a New Holland CR990 40ft (12.5m) harvester and a 25T chaser bin.
How to apply
Please click here to apply.